Our school is participating in the City of Vancouver’s School Active Travel Planning (SATP) program which seeks to encourage and promote walking, cycling, and rolling to school. The program takes place over two years and includes several types of projects to address barriers to active travel such as:
- Gathering information from students and families about their travel choice
- Creating a school travel action plan
- Upgrading transportation infrastructure near the school
- Education and encouragement activities related to active travel
- Other initiatives with support from our safety partners (e.g. Vancouver Police Department, Vancouver Coastal Health, etc.)
Studies have shown that active travel has many benefits for students, the community, and the environment. To learn more about the program, please visit ancouver.ca/school-active-travel.
The SATP team is meeting with the McBride administration on February 16th, 6-7pm and the McBride community is invited. This is a one-hour online meeting offering an opportunity for you to share your feedback in regards to safety at your school. This information will help the SATP team in creating a school travel plan that considers the needs of the school’s students and families.
Please view the City of Vancouver invitation for more information, including the meeting link, HERE.